Here are a few ways to get the most out of your Sidewalk Candle:
For the first burn don’t extinguish candle until the complete surface has turned to liquid wax. This will ensure you will get the most hours of burning time from your candle. Soy wax has a memory and you don’t want your candle to tunnel. If your candle is extinguished prior to a full melt pool, all future melt pools will not go past the first burn hence the tunneling.
Trim the wick to 1/4″ prior to each lighting. This will maintain an even and clean burn. Do not allow trimmings to fall into the wax as this can cause a fire hazard.
Always place your candle on a flat, flame retardant surface, away from children, pets, drafts, fabrics, and anything else you think will catch fire when there is a flame nearby.
Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours. And don’t touch or move the container for at least 60 minutes once you have extinguished the flame. The glass gets hot and the melted wax can spill on you! OUCH!
Your soy candle is free of dye (unless noted). This does not mean the soy will remain white. If your candle is exposed to long periods of UV light or fluorescent lighting the candle may turn anywhere from a cream to yellow. The color change will not affect the performance of the candle.
Discard the candle once the remaining wax reaches 1/2″ deep.
Soy expands and contracts. It may take on a bumpy or frosted look. This is completely normal and a good indication you have purchased a 100% all natural soy wax candle.